TGIF (Thank God It’s February!)

Leave a Comment
Congratulations! You’ve made it through the first (and what seems to have been the longest) month of 2018!

January always seems to start off well - you’re motivated to get back to (or start in my case) exercising and losing weight, you write a ‘to do’ list for the year and set yourself a budget to last the extra long month. Then BAM! Mid-January hits and you’re skint, tired and struggling to keep up with life in general (especially if you’ve been taken down by that dreaded illness!)


2017 was a pretty good year and I definitely feel like I accomplished a lot - from getting promoted at work, to setting a date for our wedding and everything else in between! So, with gloomy January out of the way, I’m ready to focus on the new year and what I want to achieve.


Our First Home ๐Ÿ 
We may have done things slightly backwards with getting engaged and booking our wedding first, but our absolute number one priority for 2018 is to finally finish saving that house deposit! Jake and I have been saving for what feels like forever but we’ve got a little way to go still. With our wedding just over 640 days away - it may sound like a long time, but it really isn’t - we really need to get cracking! I can’t wait until the day we are finally in our own home, but as long as we’re in and settled by the time we get married I’ll be happy. Saving for a house and wedding at the same time isn’t easy but we’re making it work!

Be Fit, Healthy & Happy ๐Ÿƒ

This is something I say I’ll do every year, and I never ever stick to it. I pretty much don’t have any willpower or motivation when it comes to eating healthily and exercising, but feeling happy and confident with myself, especially on my wedding day, is actually really important to me. I’m hoping this will be enough incentive to finally get fit, healthy and happy in 2018 - she says snacking on Mini Eggs whilst writing this post…

Learn to Cook ๐Ÿณ

This kind of follows on from my previous goal. After relying on everyone else to cook for me for the past 24 years, I finally realised that I need to pull my finger out and learn to cook something that’s not a microwave lasagne. To be fitter, healthier and happier, I also want to try be more adventurous with food and learn to cook with fresh ingredients. It’s about time I learnt to be a proper grown up (although I may need some supervision to begin with!)

Organisation and Time Keeping ⌚

I’m renowned for being late - there’s a meme that says ‘Tell me when and where, and I’ll be 20 minutes late’ and that is pretty much me to a T! It’s not something I’m proud of, but I’m really trying to turn this around in the new year. I also don’t want to be the bride that is late for her own wedding… So far, so good I think - I have definitely made improvements but I still need to get myself more organised in the mornings! As Julie Andrews quite rightly says in The Princess Diaries, “A Queen is never late, everyone else is simply early!”

So that’s just a few things I am focusing on for 2018, there’s so much more but I won’t bore you with the details! Some of you may have also noticed that it’s been a good 6 months since I last posted on here, but I really want to get into blogging this year as I do really love doing it! I’ll hopefully have a lot more to say on here in 2018 ๐Ÿ˜Š


Thanks for reading!


Lots of Love,


L.A. xo
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig