A few things I've learnt in my first month (or so) of blogging...

1 comment
My original plan was to post this last week. I must have read it about 50 times before deciding that it wasn't good enough, which actually ties in quite well of the subject of this post.

Obviously I'm not the most experienced blogger, and I do feel like a bit of an amateur writing this, but I wanted to share some thoughts from my first month of setting up The L.A. Diaries that will hopefully encourage and help new bloggers - we have to help each other out, right?!


♡    It's important to block out time in your day/week for your blog...
If, like me, you really want to pursue blogging, it's important to make sure you have enough time in your week to write a post that: 1. You feel is good enough, and 2. Will encourage people to come back for more. 



Sometimes blogging might be the last thing in your priorities - especially as this past week has been super busy with work and lots of meals out with friends and family (oops!). I had quickly rushed a blog post with the intention of posting last Thursday but I didn't feel confident about it at all. I didn't want to post it just for the sake of it. I'm glad I trusted my instincts and decided to put more time and effort into it. 


So, to stop this from hopefully happening again I've put together a bit of a weekly plan/schedule to organise my life and my blog a little!


♡    I don't have a huge social media following, but that's okay... 
I'm not ashamed to admit I thought getting my blog out there on Insta, Twitter etc. would be super easy and that I'd hit 1000+ followers in no time ... I could not have been more wrong!

I have definitely noticed an increase in my followers (which I wouldn't have if I didn't start blogging), but the more I'm noticing my followers go up, the more I'm noticing them go back down! At first I took it a little personally and I started to wonder what I was doing wrong. I quickly learnt that this is just a way for other bloggers and social media influencers to grow their followers without actually increasing the number of people they are following. Don't take it personally like I did, and try not to get disheartened by it (as infuriating as it is!)

As long as you're enjoying blogging and you continue to be passionate about what you're writing about, the followers will just come as an added bonus!



♡    A notebook with a cheesy quote is a must have! 

I am one of the biggest stationery fans/nerds you will ever meet so of course I had to get a new notebook for scribbling down all my thoughts and ideas for The L.A. Diaries. My chosen notebook says "Never Forget Your Sparkle" which is probably the cheesiest quote of them all but, as crazy as it sounds, it helps you to stay motivated! If you're on the hunt for a notebook then definitely pay a visit to Homesense or Paperchase ASAP!


♡    "Admire someone else's beauty without questioning your own"

Finally, I came across this quote last week on Instagram that really resonated with me so I had to share it. While it's not exactly something I've learnt, I think this is something we should keep telling ourselves. Especially when so many of us are guilty of comparing ourselves to others, but not realising our own amazing qualities!


I hope you enjoyed this week's post, even if it is a little bit late! But keep your eyes posted for a wedding planning update next week! 👰



Lots of love,



L.A. xo







SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. Hi Lauren! This is Valerianabeauty from Instagram! Awesome post! My cheesy notebook says " earth shattering , world changing ideas" and I absolutely agree it is a must have!! Love your blog and insta keep the posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig